PRIMARY PURPOSE OF UNIT: To participate as a member of the home health interdisciplinary team as a component of the comprehensive delivery of services to individuals, families, and significant others within their home and in the community. The goal of therapy is to improve, develop or restore functions impaired or lost through illness, injury and/or deprivation.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: To provide occupational therapy services to clients according to standards of practice outlined by the American Occupational Therapy Association. Services may include screening, evaluation, direct service, consultation and/or instruction.
EDUCATION: B.S. Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited institution.
EXPERIENCE: One year clinical Occupational Therapy experience. Home Health experience preferred.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION: Current O.T. License in State of Maine & current CPR Card.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must have a reliable automobile.
2. Must have current Maine drivers license.
3. Independent malpractice insurance is highly advised.
4. Evidence of automobile insurance.
5. Must submit current OT license every two years to Human Resources Dept., on or before expiration date.
6. Must re-train in CPR every two years.
7. Must submit accurate time slips according to Agency protocol.
Per Diem No Benefits