Northern Light A.R. Gould Hospital
GENERAL DESCRIPTION/STATEMENT: Cleans and maintains assigned areas in asanitary, orderly, and attractive condition for the benefit of patients,visitors, and other employees
1. Cleansoffices, patient rooms, corridors, public areas, bathrooms and treatments roomsaccording to Housekeeping policies.
2. Replenishes supplies in dispensers such aspaper towels, toilet tissue, and hand soap.
3. Cleansfurnishings such as beds, stands, chairs, TV's, telephones, office equipment,stretchers and wheelchairs.
4. Must be able to work with germicidal cleaningdetergents.
5. Cleans blinds and windows.
6. Cleans bathrooms by scouring sinks, toilets,and the like.
7. Washes walls, doors, and vents.
8. Dry mops and damp mops floors.
9. Vacuum carpets.
10. Cleans and makes beds.
11. Must be able and willing to clean isolationrooms according to established guidelines.
12. Properly disposes of trash
13. Handles clean and soiled linens according toprocedure
14. Must be able to do high dusting of sills,light fixtures, picture frames and the like.
15. Must be able to follow established safetymethods and procedures as outlined in
organizational and department policies.
16. Must be able to attend to page calls, whereneeded, as needed
17. Must be able to properly cleans and rinse ORInstruments per instruction, as needed
18. Must be able to properly clean OR andDelivery rooms according to policy
19. Must possess the ability to work as a teammember
20. Must be able to complete weekly checks of thePharmaceutical waste boxes indesignated area.
Performs other work related duties as assigned, as needed, as well as in other assignments.
May be asked to assist in the Laundry or Food Service Department
LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: NONE
May be assigned to work the day, evening, or nightshift. Usually assigned to one shiftbut may need to work a different shift from that assigned, if there is aneed. Must be able to work at leastevery other weekend and holidays as needed.
EDUCATION SKILLS, EXPERIENCEREQUIREMENTS:
1. High Schooldiploma or G.E.D. preferred.
2. No experience required
3. Requiresverbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
4. Should be able to follow oral and writteninstructions
5. De-escalation and Workplace Violence trainingwill be completed at hire prior to release from orientation.
PHYSICAL DEMAND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Sitting. 1-3 hours/day.
2. Standing. 4-7 hours/day.
3. Walking. 4-7 hours/day
4. Lifting. 10-25lbs with good body mechanics.
5. Twisting. Infrequently, 1-120 or greater twists/day.
6. Bending. Moderate: 130-480 bends /day.
7. Squatting/Kneeling. 1-3 hours/day.
8. Endurance. Moderate energy requirements.
9. Wrist Position. Moderate deviation.
10. Pinching. Moderate, 130-480 pinches per day.
11. Hand/Wrist Repetitions. Moderate: 1000-2880/day or more.
12. Manual Dexterity. Gross Dexterity with frequent fine motormovement.
13. Either Handedness. Up to 35% of job cycle.
14. Both Handedness. 60-100% of job cycle time.
15. Sight.Requires corrected 20/20 near vision and minimal far vision.
16. Hearing.Can hear whispered voice at eight (8) feet (FAA class II).
17. Speech.Frequent clear speaking ability required.
18. Exposure to Infection. Frequent
1. High/Low Temperature. Work environment 70 - 80?F.
2. Noise.Frequent exposure to voices, bells, routine noises, and occasionalfairly loud
3. WorkingwithOthers. Close association is frequent and compromisesa major portion of the job.
4. ConfinedSpacesorCrampedBodyPositions.Work in cramped positions/confined spaces (1hour per week).
5. BodyInjuries. Exposure to circumstances which may causeminor injuries:
superficialcuts, mild blows, sprains, slips, etc.Moderate likelihood of minor
injuries. Slight likelihood ofsignificant traumatic injury that could cause deep cuts,
fractures,or permanent disabling injuries.
6. MovingObjects. Slight likelihood of significant injury frommoving objects.
7. ToxicConditions. Moderate likelihood of exposure to toxicconditions.
8. RoleAmbiguity. Slight, rarely is it not clear what othersexpect of the worker.
1. Problem-Solving Skills. Moderate problem-solving skills required.
2. Judgment/Assessment.Continuously assesses situations and determines corrective actions needed.
3. Reading/Comprehension.Must be able to read and comprehend greater than Grade 7 level of instructions.
4. Math/Arithmetic.Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and perform fractions.
1. ComposureUnderWorkingConditions(including demanding, and/or rude, residents/staff/visitors). Must remain calm and exercise self-control inworking relationships with patients, staff, and visitors, and co-workers.
2. CopingSkillsforStressesAssociatedwithIllness,Disability,Dyingand/orDeath. Works around persons, who are or may becomeill, disabled, or dying, on a regular basis.Must possess skills to cope with stresses associated with illness,disability, dying, and death.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Willingness to work cooperatively isnecessary.
2. Strong public relations and customersatisfaction motivation.