Northern Light A.R. Gould Hospital
1. Cleans offices, patient rooms, corridors, public areas, bathrooms and treatments rooms according to Housekeeping policies.
2. Replenishes supplies in dispensers such as paper towels, toilet tissue, and hand soap.
3. Cleans furnishings such as beds, stands, chairs, TV's, telephones, office equipment, stretchers and wheelchairs.
4. Must be able to work with germicidal cleaning detergents.
5. Cleans blinds and windows.
6. Cleans bathrooms by scouring sinks, toilets, and the like.
7. Washes walls, doors, and vents.
8. Dry mops and damp mops floors.
9. Vacuum carpets.
10. Cleans and makes beds.
11. Must be able and willing to clean isolation rooms according to established guidelines.
12. Properly disposes of trash
13. Handles clean and soiled linens according to procedure
14. Must be able to do high dusting of sills, light fixtures, picture frames and the like.
15. Must be able to follow established safety methods and procedures as outlined in
organizational and department policies.
EDUCATION SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
2. No experience required
3. Requires verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
4. Should be able to follow oral and written instructions.
5. De-escalation and Workplace Violence training will be completed at hire prior to release from orientation.
PHYSICAL DEMAND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Sitting. 1-3 hours/day.
2. Standing. 4-7 hours/day.
3. Walking. 4-7 hours/day
4. Lifting. 10-25lbs with good body mechanics.
5. Twisting. Infrequently, 1-120 or greater twists/day.
6. Bending. Moderate: 130-480 bends /day.
7. Squatting/Kneeling. 1-3 hours/day.
8. Endurance. Moderate energy requirements.
9. Wrist Position. Moderate deviation.
10. Pinching. Moderate, 130-480 pinches per day.
11. Hand/Wrist Repetitions. Moderate: 1000-2880/day or more.
12. Manual Dexterity. Gross Dexterity with frequent fine motor movement.
13. Either Handedness. Up to 35% of job cycle.
14. Both Handedness. 60-100% of job cycle time.
15. Sight. Requires corrected 20/20 near vision and minimal far vision.
16. Hearing. Can hear whispered voice at eight (8) feet (FAA class II).
17. Speech. Frequent clear speaking ability required.
18. Exposure to Infection. Frequent
1. High/Low Temperature. Work environment 70 - 80?F.
2. Noise. Frequent exposure to voices, bells, routine noises, and occasional fairly loud
3. WorkingwithOthers. Close association is frequent and compromises a major portion of the job.
4. ConfinedSpacesorCrampedBodyPositions. Work in cramped positions/confined spaces (1hour per week).
5. BodyInjuries. Exposure to circumstances which may cause minor injuries:
superficial cuts, mild blows, sprains, slips, etc. Moderate likelihood of minor
injuries. Slight likelihood of significant traumatic injury that could cause deep cuts,
fractures, or permanent disabling injuries.
6. MovingObjects. Slight likelihood of significant injury from moving objects.
7. ToxicConditions. Moderate likelihood of exposure to toxic conditions.
8. RoleAmbiguity. Slight, rarely is it not clear what others expect of the worker.
1. Problem-Solving Skills. Moderate problem-solving skills required.
2. Judgment/Assessment. Continuously assesses situations and determines corrective actions needed.
3. Reading/Comprehension. Must be able to read and comprehend greater than Grade 7 level of instructions.
4. Math/Arithmetic. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and perform fractions.
1. ComposureUnderWorkingConditions (including demanding, and/or rude, residents/staff/visitors). Must remain calm and exercise self-control in working relationships with patients, staff, and visitors, and co-workers.
2. CopingSkillsforStressesAssociatedwithIllness,Disability,Dyingand/orDeath. Works around persons, who are or may become ill, disabled, or dying, on a regular basis. Must possess skills to cope with stresses associated with illness, disability, dying, and death.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Willingness to work cooperatively is necessary.
2. Strong public relations and customer satisfaction motivation.