Northern Light A.R. Gould Hospital
Safety and accurately prepares/administers routine oral and/or topical, ordered by a physician under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. Assists residents/patients with daily activities. Provides personal care, comfort, and assists id the maintenance of a safe, clean environment for an assigned group of residents/patients.
1. Provide safe and efficient direct resident/patient care as assigned.
2. Keep charge nurse informed of resident/patient status and changes as well as problems.
3. Perform other work-related duties, within their scope of practice, as assigned.
Variable work schedule requires day, evening, and night work as well as weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Successful completion of an approved CNA program with not less than 150 hours of instruction.
2. Currently active on the CNA registry.
3. Must be able to read and write with proficiency to accomplish all CNA-M/CNA responsibilities.
4. Prior experience is not required.
5. Must meet the requirements for placement on the Maine CNA-M/CNA Registry.
6. Successful completion of a Certified Medication Assistant course with not less then 120 hours.