Northern Light A.R. Gould Hospital
GENERAL DESCRIPTION/MISSION STATEMENT: The Hemodialysis technician initiates monitors and discontinues outpatient hemodialysis treatments under the supervision of the Hemodialysis charge RN.
1. Initiates, monitors and discontinues hemodialysis treatment according to established policies and procedures under nursing supervision.
2. Starts up, prepares, tears down and cleans machinery used for hemodialysis.
3. Recognizes emergent situations, provides immediate intervention and obtains nursing direction appropriately.
4. Assists in transfer of patients.
5. Age Specific Standards: The individual in the position must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient. In additions, s/he must possess the ability to assess patient data relative to age specific needs and provide care as described in the department's policies and procedures.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
1) BLS certification.
2) Within 18 months of being hired as a hemodialysis technician, applicant must successfully pass the Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) exam.
1) Prior medical experience is preferred.
2) Dialysis experience is preferred.
Variable work schedule requires day, evening, and night work as well as weekends and some holidays.