Northern Light A.R. Gould Hospital
Food Service Associate has duties/responsibilities in the kitchen, cafeteria and on the patient floor areas. The Food Service Associate is responsible for stocking and restocking of the cafeteria, serving of cafeteria food items to personnel and guests, ringing these sales into the register and maintaining above standard cleanliness of these areas. The Food Service Associate is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing kitchen utensils soiled in the process of food preparation, maintaining the cleanliness of the work area for safe, sanitary handling of food, equipment and supplies. This position may, be responsible for some food preparation tasks as assigned by the Supervisor or Cook in preparation of tray service, participate in the assembly of trays for patient/residents and may also transport food conveyors to and from the patient floors. Responsibilities also include operating the dishwasher or other devices for washing soiled dishware, sweeping/mopping of floors, removing trash and other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
01. Serves cafeteria food items to personnel and guests.
02. Stocks and restocks the cafeteria and all the maintenance required to keep this area above standard.
03. Rings in sales into the cash register.
04. Cleans and sanitizes kitchen utensils soiled in the process of food preparation.
05. Cleans assigned work areas and equipment.
06. Follows State and Federal guidelines for the safe, sanitary handling of food, equipment and supplies.
07. Participates in the assembles of food trays for patients/residents.
08. Transports of food conveyors to and from patient/resident meal sites.
09. Operates dishwasher or other devices for washing soiled dishware.
10. Other work related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Environment is hot and fast paced with stressful conditions at times.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Some kitchen experience is desirable. On the job training is provided as necessary.